Posted by Admin on July, 26, 2019
Made up of 100% virgin polypropylene, polypropylene construction fibers are the materials added to concrete to strengthen it, prevent the formation of cracks on it and give a beautiful and durable finish to it. These fibers are the ideal alternative to steel reinforcement in any application and especially in moist environments. They are perfect for waterproofing or repair of structures. They are also used in concrete; where mixing is manual. These fibers are widely used for construction, plaster waterproofing, and industrial flooring. A suitable care should be taken to ensure the dispersion of fibers in the mix.
Some of the key features of polypropylene construction fibers: -
• These fibers are resistant to heat, alkali, and abrasion.
• These fibers can be easily dispersed.
• These fibers are non-allergenic and anti-distortion in nature.
Advantages of polypropylene construction fibers: -
• Polypropylene construction fibers are used in the mortar to increase shatter and make it abrasion resistant. The fibers reduce rebound losses, control crack propagation and increase the tensile and flexural strength of mortar.
• These fibers are used to make exposed un-reinforced concrete surfaces. Polypropylene construction fibers reduce segregation of aggregates and increase the homogeneity of concrete and reduce water permeability and propagation of micro-cracks.
• Polypropylene construction fibers are used in water retaining structures. The fibers restrain more than 90% of water percolation and leakage or seepage. Polypropylene construction fibers are added to walls and surfaces of septic tanks, water storage tanks, and dams to make them less porous and more cohesive. These fibers also reduce the depth of water penetration and increase the life of the structures.
• These fibers are used to make pre-stressed concrete products. Polypropylene construction fibers are added to these products to increase the durability and reduce maintenance costs. And these fibers reduce the micro-cracks in concrete that occur after pre-stressing.
• Polypropylene construction fibers are used in the paper industry. These fibers increase the burst factor and burst strength of the paper and make the paper sheet durable, smooth and stable.
• These fibers are used in pre-cast concrete products and help in reducing the time they take to cure thereby promoting high productivity. These pre-cast concrete products can replace asbestos in cement pipes, known to be harmful to the environment. Polypropylene construction fibers reduce the breakages of these concrete products during production and transportation. These fibers also improve the residual strength of these pre-cast concrete products.
• Polypropylene construction fibers inhibit water seepage and help in preventing dampness in walls. They also reduce the repairs and maintenance cost by increasing the durability of the structures.
• Polypropylene construction fibers make the RCC concrete resistant to corrosion and increase the durability of the structure. They also reduce the amalgamation of cracks at the joints.
To avail quality polypropylene construction fibers, you have to look out for a dependable polypropylene construction fiber supplier in the market. They usually bring to use the high-level quality infrastructure and are able to wholesale the exceptional quality of polypropylene construction fibers to their clients.
The distributors of polypropylene construction fibers are dedicated to serving the clients in the best feasible way. They ensure that the extremely good packaging option must be utilized. They make appropriate arrangements for the delivery of bulk orders of these fibers and make sure that the ordered product is duly delivered to the valuable clients.
This entry was posted on July, 26, 2019 at 10 : 05 am and is filed under Construction Chemicals. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.