ADDITIVE FOR UNDERLAYMENT TO UNEVEN FLOOR
Permacem is a special hydraulic binder, which in combination with graded aggregates and water is used for preparing shrinkage compensated, fast setting high strength screeds, to create a base for laying of floor tiles, whether ceramic, wooden, linoleum, PVC etc ; carpeting or laying any other flooring system.
- Permacem needs only addition of graded aggregates and recommended amount of water for preparing strong quick drying dependable mortar which is easy to mix and use.
- Permacem is shrinkage compensated and hence there are no chances of shrinkage cracks. It is quick drying. Tiling mortars or self-leveling screeds can be laid within 3 to 4 hours of laying of Permacem screed.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- SURFACE PREPARATION : Surface to receive Permacem screed should be sound, clean and free from any deleterious matter. It should be primed with water or SBR-OPC bonding slurry depending on whether it is an un-bonded or bonded screed
- MIXING AND LAYING : Mix Permacem with graded sand of size 0-8 mm in the proportion of 1 : 6 by weight and add water at a dosage of about 35% by weight of Permacem in a mixer and immediately lay the screed mortar on the prepared surface and spread, level and compact it. For laying bonded screeds, first apply boning slurry prepared by mixing PERMA BOND SBR and OPC in the proportion of 1:1 by volume on the surface immediately before laying Permacem screed.
- Do not use Permacem on surfaces subjected to rising dampness, In such cases waterproof the substrate first.
- Do not use secondary binders such as other cements, lime, gypsum etc., with Permacem .
- Take care to see that the aggregates are suitably graded, do not use only fine or coarse aggregates with Permacem .
- Have a good control over water. Excess or insufficient water from the recommendation will result in loss of strength and performance of Permacem .
- Do not leave Permacem mix in the mixer for more than 3-4 minutes.
Permacem is available in 25 kg and 50 kg SACKS.