SINGLE COMPONENT POLYURETHANE BASED WATERPROOFING SYSTEM
Perma Elasto Shield PU is a single component VOC compliant, ready to use, liquid polyurethane based waterproofing membrane. It is composed of a blend of polyurethane and selected hydrophobic fillers, minerals, gelling agents and special stabilizers. It cures by reaction with humidity, maintains its elasticity and is suitable for use both on horizontal as well as vertical surfaces. Upon curing Perma Elasto Shield PU forms a tough and flexible membrane which is resistant to a wide range of temperatures, oxidation, radiation and Ultra Violet light.
Perma Elasto Shield PU is suitable for use in waterproofing roofs, terraces, podium, multi level car parking, terrace gardens, basements etc. It is highly useful in waterproofing wet areas such as sunk slabs of toilets and bathrooms, built up roofs, masonry and concrete walls, bridge decks, metal and plastic roofs and also repairing old roofs.
- Perma Elasto Shield PU is non toxic hence complies with green building product requirement.
- Perma Elasto Shield PU is a highly elastic product and forms a rubber like membrane which is capable of withstanding severe expansion, contraction and deck movements.
- The membrane remains crack free under severe exposures to oxidation, ozone, UV light and temperature conditions.
- The product has superior wetting and adhesion properties which ensure superior bond with any kind of substrate and helps in getting over peeling problems.
- Perma Elasto Shield PU when applied adapts to any irregular surface forming a waterproof blanket.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Surface to be waterproofed shall be dry, clean, sound and free of all contaminants which may interfere with adhesion or proper curing .The substrates should not contain holes or cracks and should be dust free. All shrinkage cracks shall be treated with suitable material.
Perma Elasto Shield PU is spread at the desired thickness onto the prepared surface. The coating is applied from the container using standard roofing brushes, squeegees or airless spray equipment at the recommended coverage rates on properly cleaned and prepared dry substrates. Application of the Perma Elasto Shield PU system should be done in one complete step to create a smooth uniform self leveling surface without cold joints, lines or streaks. Apply the first coat at the rate of 500 micron thickness. Let it dry fully (approximately 4-6 hours should be waited between two layers), then apply the second coat (500 micron thickness) .Waiting time shortens in hot weather and lengthens in cold weather.
Caution:- Do not mix with water and do not apply on moist surfaces. The surface to be applied should be free of moisture.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Wear protective clothing, gloves and goggles.
- Skin: Avoid repeated or prolonged contact, if contact occurs ,clean with hand cleaner that removes oil or grease , then clean with soap and water.
- Eyes: Contact could cause irritation. If contact occurs ,flush with clean water.
- Inhalation: Can cause dizziness. Remove to fresh air and if breathing difficulty persist administer oxygen.
Perma Elasto Shield PU is available in 20 kg. packs only.
Perma Elasto Shield PU has a shelf life of 12 months if stored in a cool and dry place in original packing from the date of manufacture..
- PERMA warrants that all products are free from any defects of manufacture and comply with the specifications given in their respective technical data sheet. No warranty can be given as to the results of use because conditions of use, such as site conditions, surface preparations, workmanship, weather, structural issues and other factors are beyond the control of PERMA. Purchaser agrees to seek the advice of qualified professionals to carry out tests & take trials to determine the suitability of products for their intended purpose prior to full scale usage of PERMA products and assumes all risks.
- The company does not assume any liability for unsatisfactory results, arising from the use of our products. Purchaser’s sole liability is limited to replacement of product or refund of the purchase price paid if any product proven defective. No other warranties, express or implied, shall apply including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- PERMA shall not be liable for any consequential damages arising from the use of our products for unsatisfactory results.
- The information supplied in this datasheet is based on our experience through extensive research and is given in good faith in order to help prospective users. We reserve the right to update the information provided in our technical data sheet at any time without prior notice within the scope of technical progress or new developments.